Organic ranking on Google’s top page is the key to local business marketing success. There is also another way to rank on Google that is to rank your business listing on top of Google local map. Because Google will show a local map on the first page of local keyword search result. However there’s only limited spots (7 spots). There are five factors which decide what business listings to be shown on those 7 spots:
– Whether your business listing on Google (also known as Google place page) info is complete and accurate;
– Whether your Google place page info is consistent with your listings on other directories or search engines;
– Whether there are more comments and good ratings on your Google place page and/or other directories;
– Whether your business is listed on many other directories and search engines, which also called citations;
– Whether your business listing and/or website is mentioned in lots of other websites, which also known as backlinks.
I also found that those local business websites which have high organic rankings for those local search keywords, whose business listing will likely be ranked on top of Google local map.
It’s free to claim your business listing on Google places. After that, you want to list your business listing to as many local directories i.e. Yellow Page, 411 as well. I have a tool which I use just once for an entire year to increase Google local business ranking. As Vancouver online marketing consultant, I cater to local business online marketing needs in Greater Vancouver Area.